I know that it has been awhile since our last post, but time has just gotten away from me. We are settled in our new home and every last box is put away or at least put away for now. I(Leah) have been looking for a job and in the mean time substitute teaching. Last week turned out to be a busy week and I was at the school Tues-Fri. I was able to sub in the Library and that was quite a treat for me.
Last Saturday, Scott and I had what we call our "date day". Usually we have a "date night", but this was an all day event. We started in the morning by attending a tour at the Coast Guard in Clearwater. The tour was sponsored by a mechanical engineering group that Scott belongs to. The tour was very interesting and we were able to see one of the helicopters and airplanes that they use on their missions. (guys-Scott would know the specifics on the aircrafts...) After the tour, we had lunch on the base and the food was very good. Then we left and traveled down south a bit to a huge new/used bookstore. It was fun just to browse around for interesting books and trust me there were some interesting ones. Once we were done at the books store we decided to find a local park and walk the trails. The day was very nice and we were able to enjoy our walk. We didn't even see any alligators. They were probably in the shade due to the heat. (Don't worry... Mom)
The last interesting thing to end our date day happened on our way home. We were almost home and Scott decided to stop for gas. As he was pumping gas, a twenty-something lady came up to him to ask for a ride down the road. Her boyfriend's car was having trouble and she wanted to go home and get her car. She said she lived 3 miles down the road. Can you imagine in this day asking a total stranger for a ride. Well we were certainly cautious about our answer, but still feeling bad for her, we gave her a ride. Well she turned out to be very nice and she wasn't a serial killer..whew!. So we dropped her off at her house and headed home. We had a great day and enjoyed spending so much time together.
5 comments:
wow, gutsy lady to be asking you two for a ride. :) she must have thought you were full of southern hospitality.
sounds like a fun day!
Maybe we looked like nice non-threatening people. It was pretty gutsy. Something I wouldn't do, that's for sure. It was great to hear from you. I enjoy reading your blog, Christina... you are hilarious.
Wow - If I were your mom, I'm not sure if I'd be more worried about the alligators or the hitch-hiker?? :) Whew - so nice of you to help, though! What a fun day you had - sounds like there's lots to see and do around that area!
That's awesome that you're getting to sub some - especially in the Library! It's actually probably nice right now so that you could get all the "settling in" done!
Safety-Susie says "that's a definite no-no!" : ) HA, HA
Just remember I married Safety-Sam... :-)
Post a Comment