Today, we have been married for 2 months. Wow! In some ways, our wedding seems like a distant memory and in other ways the time has flown by. We are certainly thankful for God bringing us together as husband and wife. Let me(Leah) tell you a little bit about the way we met. During my spring break in 2005, I went to visit my good friend Caroline. By the way, she was our matchmaker and a bridesmaid in our wedding. Sunday, on the way to church, Caroline tells me she wants to introduce me to someone. She says: his name is Scott, and he works on the soundboard at church. I said, O.K., that's fine. After church, Caroline hurries me over to meet Scott and during our introduction she says, 'By the way, I wanted to introduce you, because someday you will be married.' Well, can you imagine the shocked looks on our faces? We both were a little speechless, but we both know Caroline and know that she was being funny. Scott came over to Ryan and Caroline's during the week and then after my trip we began e-mailing. During our e-mails and eventual chats on the phone, I began to see that Scott was kind, funny, godly, someone who loves his family, and many more attributes that I had been praying for. We both were able to make several trips to see each other and meet our families. We were engaged at Bok Tower, Lake Wales, Florida, on December 29, 2005. The rest is History! We are so thankful for all that God has done in our relationship and look forward to many, many more months.



Thanks to our friend, Drew, for the pictures.
5 comments:
Happy 2-month Anniversary!!
How's things going? Thanks for keeping us up on all that's going on in your new life. :)
Sher-
It is going great! I am still in the process of looking for a full-time library position. I have been doing some substitute teaching which has been nice. The weather here is beautiful and it still feels like summertime. I can't believe it is almost October. Hope all is well with you...
wow...2 months already! time does fly. but i LOVE that story....i would have DIED if someone had said that to me...too funny! hey, i may soon be enjoying some florida fun time. i think i'm gonna go down to venice the first week of nov. to hang out with nathan's parents while he's travelling. you guys close to there? i have no concept of florida geography. it would be neat to meet up somewhere.
well, happy anniversary!!
I haven't seen you in ages and haven't had a chance to tell you and Scott congratulations so here it goes...
Congratulations!
I am so sorry I wasn't at your wedding. That weekend I was quite ill (I missed a few days of work and the like) and was unable to go because of it. I hope you don't hate me too long for missing it.
Christina- I am still working on my Florida geography. I'll check and see how far Venice is away from here and maybe we can get together...
Ben-
Thanks... We'll be home in Michigan over Christmas. Maybe we'll see you then.
Post a Comment