Thursday, June 19, 2008

I finally did it!

Since birth, Emma has been sleeping in our room and my plan was that at about 3 months she would move to her room. She is now 4 months almost 5. She has been sleeping in her crib for naps for several months, but I just didn't want her to move there at night. This was partly selfish on my part. I liked having her close by especially when she got up in the middle of the night to eat. However, after 3 nights of Emma getting up every two hours, I decided it was time. I really think she will be more comfortable in her own bed. Last night was the first time and she slept much better. Mommy slept o.k. It was a little strange not having her so close. Here is a picture of her in her big crib.

2 comments:

Rebekah Downs said...

I completely understand! That is such a big transition. I remember having the thought that, by moving them into their own room, I was somehow already snipping at the "apron strings." =(

That "selfish" feeling is exactly what I had and what first made my decision to home school them. I didn't want someone else teaching my kids. I wanted to experience it all!

Emma is adorable in her big bed, and I'm sure you guys will sleep much better now. =)

christina said...

i'm with ya, girl. megan just moved downstairs last week. i was so sad when i took down the pack-n-play... i hate to admit it but i cried a little. what a dork, huh? unfortunately, megs did NOT sleep so well. the little booger is really being a bad sleeper and i was so tempted to bring her back upstairs just so i could sleep. haha! but i'm just going to have to deal b/c she's on her own now. emma is getting to be quite a charmer! i could just eat her cheeks. seriously, they're just munchable!