A Grandma is truly a special person and I was blessed to have two very special Grandmas. My Grandma Williams passed away in 1998 and my Grandma Jones passed away April 2009. This is a tribute to my Grandma Jones. My Grandma's funeral was small and just family, but it was a special time. We sang hymns and heard Scripture read and we shared memories of our grandma. I am not one for public speaking, so I sat quietly listening and remembering the sweet memories of our Grandma Jones. Now this is my time to share: As a young girl, my parents would have my sister and I spend a week or so at our grandparents' house during the summer. We loved it, and what was really cool was that for a few years both sets of grandparents lived in the same apartment complex. So my sister and I would walk from one grandparents' house to the other grandparents' house to visit. During these visits, my Grandma Jones would do lots of fun things with us. She took us to Greenfield Village, Bob-Lo Island, the zoo, and swimming. I am so thankful for those times with my Grandma because I really got to know her and really formed a relationship with her. I loved spending Christmas at Grandma's house and enjoying all of her good cooking. As I got older, I still enjoyed going to Grandma's. I was fortunate enough to live close to my grandma after college and she would invite me over for dinner and let me do my laundry at her house. There were times that I had car trouble and she was always willing to help. She had such a servant's heart. I have lots of memories of my Grandma Jones because she was such a big part of my life and I am so thankful for that. I will always treasure those times spent with Grandma Jones.
3 comments:
You say you are not a speaker but you are truly a great writer, Leah!!
love,
Sweet tribute, Leah. Thank you
Love, Aunt Marilyn
Leah, it sounds like you have truly been blessed with great grandparents. That was well written.
Post a Comment