
Here she is trying it out. She loves it!

Here is a first-time parent story... Yesterday afternoon, Scott did some Christmas shopping for me and Emma. He bought the toy as shown above for Emma. He decided to go ahead and put it together. Since we are spending Christmas in Michigan, we have planned to do our family Christmas sometime this next week. So we put the toy in out closet in our room. Well this morning Scott and I are in our bathroom getting ready and Emma is in our room playing. We are keeping an eye on her...sorta. I am brushing my teeth when I realize she is headed toward the closet that is open(thanks to me). When Scott gets to her she had already found the toy and was standing holding on to it. So we decided to give her gift to her even earlier than we had planned. Next year, we must hide our gifts better. Is this the sign of a new parent or what?
5 comments:
Is Emma fun or what? At least she is a cute stinker!!!
love,
m o m
too funny! we are always south for christmas, so we try to plan ours early too. but usually, nathan goes out the week we're doing it and gets so excited about the gifts he bought he wants to come home that night and open presents! this year i made him wait. of course, he could only wait one night, but still...
That's so funny. Even when my parents tried to hide our presents really well, we still found them early. :) The fun begins!
We always have had to lie to our kids in the past and tell them the gifts were for their cousins. Now that they're older, they can see right through it... they know it's for them. So far, I'm not buying... just waiting 'til the day gets closer. How fun to see your little Emma enjoy her gift!
Oh, that's hilarious! I don't think any of my kids have ever found a Christmas gift early, but then again, I've always done the last minute shopping spree in which I buy all the presents in the week before Christmas. It adds to the excitement (and stress) of the holiday. =) Every year I say that I'm going to get an earlier start on shopping the next year, but it never happens. =)
It looks like she's enjoying the toy. I love the faces she makes...she's so cute! =)
Post a Comment