Monday, February 18, 2008
Our little girl's name
Choosing a name for our baby proved to be much harder than I imagined. Like any girl, I have had baby names picked our since I was a young girl myself. Of course, they have changed over the years, but I had a few that I really liked. Interesting enough, I had more boy names than girls. When we found out that we were going to have a baby, I checked out a baby name book from the library. Actually, I probably looked at all the books available at the library I worked at, plus I looked online too. I made a list of my favorites and Scott did too. The middle name had been decided for a girl probably about six months ago. Caroline is my long time college friend and the one that introduced Scott and me. She actually joked when Scott and I were dating that to pay her back for introducing us we could name our first born after her. Well that wasn't exactly why we named her middle name Caroline. The reason is because Caroline has been a great friend to me and a fine example of a Christian wife, mother, woman, and friend. Our friendship has meant a lot to me and both Scott and I are thankful for the longtime friendship that Caroline and I have. It only seemed right that our little girl be named after someone with such fine character. So the middle name was set. As for the first name, we found two girl names that we agreed upon and no boy names. Good thing we had a girl. Anyway, we were torn between Emma and Jillian. Emma Caroline was the perfect combination.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment