Thursday, January 18, 2007

A Florida Winter Day

I know... My title is a bit out there and I completely understand what you are thinking. I am waiting for winter, too. This winter here in Florida has been unseasonably warm, at least, that is what the Floridians have been saying. All I can say is, 70's and 80's just doesn't seem like winter to me. Well, this past weekend, Scott and I took advantage of the nice weather and went for a walk across the Friendship Trail Bridge that connects Tampa to Clearwater/St. Petersburg. The bridge is for walkers, bike riders, and roller bladers, and is 2.6 miles each way. Let's just say we had a good long walk that day. We were eagerly looking for sea creatures and other animals, but only saw a few. It was a beautiful winter's day!

Palm trees swaying in the cool winter breeze...:-)



Only 2.6 miles... We can do it!




A school of fish learning their ABC's.




We saw some ducks and other Florida birds!





Are we there yet?... I am sweating...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

tough life, Leah and Scott!!!!

A Weaver's Touch said...

What great pics - - - sounds like a fun walk - - - especially while we're FREEZING up here!!!! :) I DID notice the Detroit cap, however!

christina said...

that would be SO fun! tampa/st. pete.....hey, that's my away-from-home stompin' grounds. today was freezing so thanks for the reminder that i'm NOT in florida right now. :)

The Two of Us said...

Leah,

Thanks for stopping by my blog. It becomes amazing what a small world we live in. I went to school with Christina Hairgrove, so I know who she is too. If you don't mind, I'm going to add you as a link on mine so I can check yours out regularly as well.

The Two of Us said...

Oh, I forgot to ask where you are from in Michigan. I'm a native Michigander as well. I grew up in Saginaw/Bay City/Midland from 2nd grade up and before that was in Kalamazoo.

Rebecca's Corner said...

Florida looks like fun! :-) Frank and I are going to PEI for our honeymoon (which I think is where you went). The Lord is so good. I am glad to hear from you, and I am very jealous of your library job. . . sounds like fun.